When you give to Goodwill, Goodwill gives back to your community! We appreciate your donations!
Marion Goodwill counts on your donations to provide employment opportunities in our retail stores, in addition to helping provide an affordable shopping experience for Goodwill customers. We gladly accept your gently used items including clothing, house wares, linens, furniture, collectibles and antiques, jewelry, books, video tapes and DVDs, CDs, toys and games, sporting equipment and more.
Income earned in our retail stores funds vocational rehabilitation and job training services that benefit all in our community.
Your donations also help our environment.
Goodwill recycles much of what we cannot sell, keeping tons of clothing, books, shoes, and metals out of local landfills.
Your Donations are Tax-Deductible!
When you donate at any of our stores or attended donation centers during regular business hours, you will receive a receipt for tax-deduction purposes.
Accepted Donation Items:
- All items must be in good, clean and working condition.
- Clothing, shoes, boots, hats, gloves, scarves, jewelry, collectibles and antiques
- Books, records, video tapes, CDs, DVDs, computers, computer accessories, phones, VCRs, DVD players, flat screen TVs made in the last 5 years, small appliances
- Household and decorative items, kitchenware, garden supplies, tools, office supplies
- Linens, blankets, curtains, towels, shower curtains
- Furniture such as dressers, tables, sofas, chairs
- Automobiles and boats
Unaccepted Donation Items:
- Household chemical products: pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, aerosols, or other environmentally unfriendly waste products
- Automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, gasoline, oil, antifreeze
- Gas stoves, gas grills, furnaces, water heaters and Freon-based appliances
- Mattresses, box springs and waterbeds; used bedroom pillows
- Opened or used personal care items such as shampoo, shavers and hair sprays
- CRT or tube TVs (the big heavy TVs) or projection TVs
- Sleeper sofas
- Infant/child car seats
- Large exercise equipment such as weights over 15 lbs, treadmills
- Large appliances such as washers, dryers, stoves
- Pianos, organs
- Full size pool or ping pong tables
- Weapons such as guns, bow and arrows, ammunition or hunting knives
- Any item that has been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (Many child/infant items such as cribs, strollers, pack & play, booster seats and high chairs are on the recall list.)